Skip to main content

Prayers Appreciated!

       Sorry this is a tad depressing... (: 

       It's crazy how in one week your strength can diminish. It's crazy how much culture shock I feel like I'm experiencing right now. I literally feel like I'm in a different country.
       I'm exhausted, worn out, run down, and weary. For the first time since I got here in August, I want to go home. The most frustrating thing is that I'm not sure why. Nothing bad has happened and I adore my family, but my head is so overwhelmed and I can't seem to find peace. I don't even know what I need. As I sit down and think about it, I can think of a few things that would make me feel this way. First off, I'm used to having a break from Spanish. For the past few months I've been with my gringo classmates at some point almost every day, and when I didn't understand something with my other family, they would know the word for it in English. The second thing would be my job. I really love love love the niños at the Pani, but it's just exhausting work. I can't understand the spanish of a 3 year old very well, there is literally nothing for us to play with so I'm running around all day long, and 8 hours alone with 12 kids is just exhausting. I don't say this to say that I couldn't see myself working at a place like this, I could, but the work of actually workers of the Pani looks very different (and equally exhausting I'm sure) that the work I am doing. I'm just not accustomed to it.
       I really don't want to feel this way. I don't want to count the days until I come home because I really do love being here. I don't want to look back on this last month as something I was trying to "get through. No. I refuse to let that happen. 
       One of my favorite people texted me this morning and told me to read Philippians 3:4-14.


"Though I myself have reason for confidence in the flesh also. If anyone else thinks he has reason for confidence in the flesh, I have more: circumcised on the eighth day, of the people of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews; as to the law, a Pharisee; as to zeal, a persecutor of the church; as to righteousness under the law, blameless. But whatever gain I had, I counted as loss for the sake of Christ. Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith—that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, that by any means possible I may attain the resurrection from the dead.
Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus."

       Not that I feel like I am suffering...-I recognize the difference between Paul and my situations, but reading this was such an encouragement to me today. 

Soooo as I go through these next three weeks, I would love for you all to be praying for me. Please pray not just for strength, but for passion. I am so thankful to be here. I am so blessed and excited that God has granted me this opportunity, and I will not-WILL NOT waste this blessing. I know this is just a phase and that things are going to get better. Thank you again for the encouraging notes you have all sent me. They have been so helpful. I can't wait to see you all soon! (:


"Give Me Jesus" by Jeremy Camp.

In the morning, when I rise
In the morning, when I rise
In the morning, when I rise

Give me Jesus.Give me Jesus, Give me Jesus.
You can have all this world,
Just give me Jesus.

When I am alone,
When I am alone, 
When I am alone,
Give me Jesus.

Give me Jesus.
Give me Jesus, 
Give me Jesus.
You can have all this world,
Just give me Jesus.

When I come to die,
When I come to die,
When I come to die,
Give me Jesus.

Give me Jesus.
Give me Jesus, 
Give me Jesus.
You can have all this world,
Just give me Jesus.

Give me Jesus.
Give me Jesus, 
Give me Jesus.
You can have all this world,
You can have all this world, 
You can have all this world, 
Just give me Jesus.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When God Destroys Your White Picket Fence Plan...

I'm sitting at Starbucks drinking a salted caramel mocha, reading Philippians and watching the rain trickle down the perfectly large windows. Today is my favorite kind of day and although I have a million things to do, none of them seem quite as important as taking time out of my day to be at peace.  But i'm not quite at peace. At least, not at peace in the way I thought I would be.  Allow me to explain. If you had asked me a couple of weeks ago I would have told you with overwhelming excitement that after I graduate college in December I will be working as a Social Worker. Although I'm usually the type to be extremely indecisive, this plan sort of fell into my lap and it seemed perfect and beautiful and I had no reason at all to question it. But who am I trying to kid here...? If you know me at all you know that I am still indecisive and I never make a decision without considering at least 7 other options. So naturally, just as I was starting to feel comfortable w

I'm donating a kidney to celebrate recovering from an eating disorder.

I remember the first time I decided I was fat. I was sitting in theater class in 9th grade and one of my classmates told me to hold my arm out in front of my body. When I did, they hit the skin under my upper arm and laughed as they watched it jiggle. In that moment, I gained 50 pounds. That 5'3 110 pound high school freshman died, and a hypersensitive and self conscious version of myself peaked its evil head for the first time. Although that was the moment my eating disorder (which I'll call Ed) took over, it wasn't the only thing that sparked an unhealthy view of myself. Years of comparison, losing a relationship with my father, and the decision to define my worth in the words of other people, collectively lead me to believe that I was fat, unloved, and that the worldly standards of beauty defined me. For the next 8+ years, Ed defined me. Above my relationships with people, and above my relationship with the Lord, Ed was most important thing in my life. When I firs

How donating my kidney saved my life.

For good news to be good, it has to invade dark places." - Matt Chandler August 9th, 2016.  As they wheeled me through the double doors and into the operating room, I remember pure joy radiating throughout my body. I was not nervous, I was not afraid. The Lord had given me a peace beyond understanding and I smiled as the anesthesia took a toll on me and I drifted to sleep. Some hours later. My eyes pop open and I look around. The nurse pushes something into my IV that she says will help with the pain, but I don't feel any pain. I'm in a big open room with lots of medical supplies. I look to the right and I see a man in bed. And then I remember. I use every ounce of strength in me to mutter the question, "does he have my kidney?". The nurse smiles and says "yes" as my eyelids fall heavy and the dilaudid sets in. I wake up again. My mom is in the room. I have no idea what she's saying to me because all I can think about is the man that ha